Friday, December 7, 2007

Triggers

1) Honey more effective than cough medicine. - a study by Penn state university


2) When you warn people about the dangers of climate change, they call you a saint. When you explain what needs to be done to stop it, they call you a communist.
George Monbiot on Climate change : Actions not despair.in the Hindu

3) The lack of safe water and poor sanitation, are the reality for the majority in India, so much so that they rarely come into public awareness.
Dr.K.S. Jacob, CMC, vellore in Errors of the public health movement.

Why certain headlines or even lines from an article in the newspaper or magazine catch your eye depends 100% on you. The frame of your mind. And what has been going on in your life.

) The health page and health issues are things I never read. But still this caught my eye and rang so true because of the cough that still hasnt disappeared completely. And I've found honey helps so much. Something our grandmothers knew so well.

2) I just liked the way it was written :-))))))))

3) I thought of the school nearby and whether the children were drinking safe water. At home probably, there was no such thing as boiled water.
It must have been on my mind because a couple of weeks ago, I saw some young men bathing in the reservoir and screamed myself even more hoarse to stop them. And that too has been bothering me.

I called the school. They dont' have water in the school! I know they have a new set of toilets. I don't want to even think about that.

We discuss the building of a little water tank. With a filter of some sort. We pick the spot. I tell the Hm to ask parents to contribute labour at least. she is doubtful but we are going to ask them anyway.

I call a friend to ask for some design ideas. He will help.

I don't know where the money is going to come from. But it will. People are good.

No comments: