- People of all ages and classes make contact with babies and little children, whatever may be the background of their families, rich or poor, North or South Indian. Why do the barriers grow as we age? What do we fear when we see another human being?
- crowded temples make the business of actually getting to the deity so cumbersome it leaves very little thought for actually thinking of god. Or does a true devotee see or feel none of the harassment?
- we did the last bit of the trip to Ooty in a fibreglass bus with transparent top. Nice feel but gets rather hot. Pleasant after the mist and drizzle came down.The bus was rather empty because the ticket costs thrice the normal. Not a very successful venture of the govt.
- When one spends long periods with other people, then their problems do get transferred to one. How does one stay unaffected? When does the detachment come?
- 'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'
sign of on a friend's email and oh so true
- A first visit to a specialist bangle shop was fascinating. The man there puts various combinations of bangles together, after studying each saree, bringing up combinations we would never dream of. He was an artist. The bangles themselves probably dont cost too much but we are paying for the look, his artistry and the happiness of looking at art.I wish I could take some pics and do him justice. Next time.